[Advaita-l] Fwd: [advaitin] Yet another Mahavakya in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 10:48:17 EDT 2021

Namaste.

Reg  << True, but that does not amount to a denial of the possibility of a
samskAra of mahAvAkya shravaNam in the past leading to jnAna in the present
- to do that, one will have to prove that there can be no pratibandhas to
the rise of jnAna after mahAvAkya shravaNam, and I have not come across any
pramANa for such a postulate >>,

I did not say that there can be no pratibandhas to the rise of jnAna after
mahAvAkya shravaNam. In fact most of the times, such pratibandhas do
obstruct the rise of jnana. Sri Bhasgavatpada himself mentions it in BSB
4-1-1 that repetitive shravana/manana/nididhyasana  is required  to be
carried out till the rise of  aparoksha jnAna. SamskAra is not mentioned.

Regards