[Advaita-l] Rishi who were mantradraShTas of Devi

Anand N anand.natampalli at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 17:03:22 EDT 2021

Namaste,

I found a reference to the Rigveda mantras for several Gods and Goddesses
in Vamadeva Shastri(David Frawley)'s book “The wisdom of the ancient
seers”.
For e.g.  For Ushas he refers to Rig Mantra VII.75 and also VI.76, where
the  Rishi is Maitravaruni Vasishta.
https://vedicheritage.gov.in/hi/samhitas/rigveda/shakala-samhita-2/mandal-07/hindi-rigveda-shakala-samhita-mandal-07-sukta-075/
There are references to Saraswathi Mantras in Mandala VI.61 for which the
Rishi is Bahraspatya  Bharadwaja
But I could not find references in his book to the other Goddesses
you mentioned.

Hope this gives a lead.

Om Namo Narayanaya,
Anand

On Sun 10. Oct 2021 at 18:04, Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l <