[Advaita-l] adhikAra - veda - vedAnta, a query

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 04:25:58 EDT 2021

Here is an incident recorded in the book '108 Facets of the Inimitable
Guru':  p.167 -

Quote:
His Holiness accorded high priority to spiritual aspirants. An Italian came
Sringeri in November 1974, hoping to receive some clarifications regarding
Gauḍapādācārya’s Kārikās on the Māṇḍūkya-upaniṣad. However, His
Holiness was rather busy at that time with the śiṣya-svīkāra ceremony slated
for 11th November. Hence, it was felt that it would be impossible for the
foreign aspirant to have a private audience with His Holiness. Yet, in
response to his request, He readily consented to spare time and, with Sri
Subbaramaiya acting as an interpreter, answered his questions and resolved
his doubts. On later being asked about this, His Holiness said, “He is
sincere
and has come all the way to India to learn. It is my duty to provide him
clarifications and, hence, obligatory on me to spare time for him.”

Unquote

One can note that an Italian was accorded priority in regard to the
Gaudapada Karikas which are based on the Mandukya Upanishad.

regards
subbu

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 9:31 PM Vinodh via Advaita-l <