[Advaita-l] SatChitPriyam

Anand N anand.natampalli at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 04:09:12 EDT 2021

Namaste,

in the archives of this group, this has been discussed and the respected
Anand Hudli has stated that
this occurs in the Saraswati Rahasya Upanishad in Krishna Yajur Veda. He
also goes on to explain this in the
post:
https://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/1998-April/008543.html

I am posting the relevant part here:

 Since we are within the context of ShAkta upaniShads, let me make use
 of the same. In the SarasvatI-rahasya-upaniShad, it is stated that
 five factors are observed here in the illusory world. These are
 1) asti, interpreted by UpaniShad Brahma Yogin as Existence, Sat,
 2) bhAti, interpreted as Consciousness, Chit,
 3) priyaM, interpreted as Bliss, Ananda,
 4) nAma, name, and
 5) rUpa, form

 Of these five factors, the upaniShad states, the first three, ie.
 Sat-Chit-Ananda pertain to Brahman. The last two, nAma-rUpa, pertain
 to the world.

Om Namo Narayanaya,

Anand

On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 at 08:25, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <