[Advaita-l] Bhakti

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Wed May 26 12:20:45 EDT 2021

Dear friends,
What is Bhakti?

According to my understanding the true Bakti is as follows :

          adhyAtmayOgAdhigamEnadEvaM

                matvA dhirOharShaSOkaU jahAti||

  so says mantra 1-2-12 of KathOpanishad.

(1)  Sri Shankara says :
          (a) paramAtmA hisarveShAM naH AtmA

          (b) cEtasa AtmanisamAdhAnam adhyAtmayOgaH ||

(2) mayyEva mana Adhatsva || Bhagavadgita

(3) mayi buddhiM nivESaya || Bhagavadgita

and finally

     svasvarUpAnusaMdhAnamBaktirityaBidhIyatE ||

 Won't you think that a student of Vedanta who wants to be anAtmavit

should have this frame of mind during his journey from 'nAnu' to 'tAnu'?
Is my understanding correct?I request the learned scholars  to share their understanding.
With respectful namaskars,Sreenivasa Murthy