[Advaita-l] Perception in lightning

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Tue May 11 07:48:13 EDT 2021

Namaste Raghav ji,
The charge of representationalism would apply if the light that was
reflected from an object did so independent of the object.

That is, in this conception, as a particular wavelength of light being
reflected is a result of a property inherent in the object that absorbs all
other wavelengths and reflects only a particular wavelength, the reflects
light that hits the eye, is "of the object" - if the object were not thus,
the reflected light would not be thus. The fact that we consider the
wavelength of the light hitting the eye to be the object's colour is
evidence of the tAdAtmya of the reflected light with the object.

Hence, a cognition of the object when the vRttyavacChinna chaitanya and
ghaTaprabhAvacChinna chaitanya are unified is as valid as the one where the
vRttyavacChinna chaitanya and ghaTAvacChinna chaitanya are unified due to
the manovRtti hitting the ghaTa.

Kind regards,
Venkatraghavan

On Tue, 11 May 2021, 12:00 Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l, <