[Advaita-l] Perception in lightning

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Mon May 10 02:50:58 EDT 2021

The answer by Mani Dravid Shastri ji is the only alternative. That m+s
reach later than m+c.

But problem is that once s reached there, it is there. So subsequent
perceptions for a person stationed there at the site of source and one
located say 3.3 km away should be same. For both mind and shrotra are there
at the site for both observers.

Regarding Praveen Bhat ji's question as to how to assert that two sounds
are same.. frequency can be modulated. If two sounds have same frequency,
there is no way to distinguish between them. They will have same
wavelength, same energy. So it can be averred that vishaya is same and
hence no fresh requirement of shrotra issuing forth and mind issuing forth.

Chittranjan Naik ji has proposed simultaneity experiment for visual
perception. But it is very expensive. My point is that visual and auditory
perception have same mechanism in Vedanta. So simultaneity experiment is
very well performable for auditory perception. It won't be expensive
either.

Regards.