[Advaita-l] Perception in lightning

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sun May 9 10:02:14 EDT 2021

Namaste Sudhanshu Ji,

Reg  << So, Mind+shrotra going out will not be able to explain the
differing perception in case of subsequent perception when m+s is
supposedly already there at vishaya  >>,

It is not that m+s is already at the location of the sound source. And all
subsequent perceptions of sound will be coterminous with sound production.
For each sound perception, m+s  needs to travel the distance separately for
that sound perception. That is what is intended. A continuous flow of m+s
to the sound source. There seems to be no particular objection to
considering that m+s has a different speed compared to m+c.

Having said that, Prof Suryanarayana Rao also lists several objections to
the concept. See Note 28 in his translation of Vedanta Paribhasha.

Regards

Chandramouli

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>