[Advaita-l] Karma yoga: the kinder, softer preparation for self-inquiry and surrender

Ven Balakrishnan ventzu at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 20 15:28:38 EDT 2021

As an aside, note the remarkable and beautiful expression of ideas between Ramana and Brhad Upanishad

Ramana, GVK1141a: In the same way that a leaf plate is thrown away after eating food , the jnani who has know his Self will discard his body.

Brhad Up 4.4.7: Regarding this there is this verse: ‘When all the desires that dwell in his heart (mind) are gone, then he, having been mortal, becomes immortal, and attains Brahman in this very body.’ Just as the lifeless slough of a snake is cast off and lies in the ant-hill, so does this body lie. Then the self becomes disembodied and immortal, (becomes) the Prajna (Supreme Self), Brahman, the Light.