[Advaita-l] Karma yoga: the kinder, softer preparation for self-inquiry and surrender

jaldhar at braincells.com jaldhar at braincells.com
Mon Mar 8 18:09:59 EST 2021

On Sun, 7 Mar 2021, ravi chandrasekhara wrote:

> How to work on that, ie, do acts as karma yoga ?  What specific way to
> shastras help with that ?

I think the key is not the shastras themselves but your attitude towards
them.  If you think theyjust give a checklist of items that must be marked
"done" or legalistic procedures it is not going to make you very
enthusiastic.  But if...now I'm going to have to very careful about how I
phrase this :-)  My wife has some ideas about things that need to be done
around the house whereas I disagree about the urgency or even rationality
of doing thembut I do them anyway because someone I love will be happy I
did them and that will make me happy.