[Advaita-l] Commentary on Ramana's Forty Verses

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 10:04:40 EDT 2021

Namaste Venkat Ji,

My own understanding is that according to Sri Bhagavatpada, Ashrama sanyAsa
is mandatory for jnAna. However I have come across several talks by Swami
Paramarthananda wherein he has stated that such is not the case. But it has
been some time since I have listened to these talks and unfortunately I am
not able to recollect exactly the particular talks nor specific reasons he
had adduced for such a conclusion. So I am unable to respond positively to
your query at this time.

Regards

Chandramouli

On Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 1:20 AM Ven Balakrishnan via Advaita-l <