[Advaita-l] Commentary on Ramana's Forty Verses

Ven Balakrishnan ventzu at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 17 17:54:45 EDT 2021

The question is not whether a householder can realise the Self or not.  It is whether post-realisation, there will be any involvement.  Muruganar was married, he realised the Self, and thereafter he quit the world, as is clear from his commentary.  Arthur Osborne (realised or not) was married, but lived a simple austere life with his family in Tiruvannamalai.

As noted previously, it is mental renunciation which is what is required; but that mental is likely to manifest as physical; some level of withdrawal from the world.