[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Shri Harsha's Khandana Khanda Khadya (English)

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 07:42:35 EDT 2021

Namaste Praveenji

I gather that the pre-Shankara naiyAyikas were not theologically sectarian
Vaishnavas. This is as one would expect.

 But navya nyAya is extensively employed by later dvaitins (sectarian
vaiShNavas).

So I was wondering who if any inherited the mantle of the earlier
non-sectarian naiyAyikas. Then I later came across the fact that Gangesha
Upadhyaya, the great acharya of navya-nyAya begins his work,
tattvacintaamaNi, with a salutation to Lord Shiva. And a critic of
khanDanakhanDakhAdya viz., Shankara Mishra was also not known to be of the
vaiShNava school.

And yes I understand it's quite apt to note the closeness between
pre-Shankara bhedAbhedavAda (which Sri Shankara has refuted in bhAShyas)
and later vaiShNava dvaita (the gauDiya vaiShNavas are not apologetic to
label themselves acintya-bhedAbheda). It certainly  does invite the charge
of pracchana-tArkika (crypto-logicians) upon later dvaita schools.

Om
Raghav

On Mon, 26 Jul, 2021, 10:43 pm Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l, <