[Advaita-l] Ekadashi

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 00:54:14 EDT 2021

Namaste

Our Sampradaya has laid down Panchayatana Puja to worship Ganesha, Shiva.
Vishnu, Shakti and Surya. There is a reason for this. We should not become
fanatics of one God and quarrel with devotees of other Gods. It will be a
big obstacle for us if we become fanatics. Every God is a form of Saguna
Brahma. No God is inferior and nobody is superior.

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 5:44 AM Kaushik Chevendra via Advaita-l <

> Namaste subbu sir.
> Thank you for your kind words.
>
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2021, 23:18 V Subrahmanian, <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear Kaushik,
> >
> > You have beautifully articulated the position of the Shastra and our
> > sampradaya.  Your post, though short, is full of wisdom.  Thanks for
> > sharing your thoughts.
> >
> > warm regards
> > subbu
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 9:14 PM Kaushik Chevendra via Advaita-l <
> >
> >> The differences between the school of advaita and dvaita are many. But
> the
> >> CHATNTING of harinama and sublime devotion to vishnu is the common and
> >> most
> >> important aspect in both the school. In the age of kali, it is said that
> >> no
> >> penance, austerity, charity etc has the same fruit as the rememberance
> of
> >> hari nama. The last verse in "bhaja govindam"says "There is no other
> >> measure to escape samsara other than rememberance of hari nama". It's
> said
> >> that narayana finds some excuse to lift people from samsara. Such is his
> >> daya ,he is the uplifter of sinners,he is "patita pavana". He always
> >> protects his devotees. People who hated hari, such as kamsa, sisupala
> etc,
> >> too were given mukti because they constantly thought about him. He is an
> >> ocean of daya and forgiveness. Being sarvasaktha isvara he underwent
> >> samsara as rama, to show us how to live a life according to dharma. He
> >> gave
> >> the essence of Upanishads in the form of krishna to save the people of
> >> kali.  Today being ekadashi, this day belongs to narayana.
> >> Just a few thoughts I had on this auspicious day.
> >> Om namo narayanaya.
> >>
> >> For assistance, contact:
> >> listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org

Regards