[Advaita-l] How is prarabdha karma alloted to a jiva ?

Mahadevan Iyer mahadevan.n.iyer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 13:13:58 EST 2021

Pranams,

We say that it is the prior janma karmas of a jiva that determines the
state of a jiva in his current janma. A portion of sanchita karma is
converted into prarabdha karma & allotted to a jiva.

But what are the criteria of this distribution at the vyvaharika level ?

Is there a UNIQUE Jiva identity that linearly traverses life after life ?

If so then initially there must be a fixed no of jivas. How is it possible?

Else, We could say that a particular jiva identity is not specific. But
then how can we say that a particular jiva attained Moksha ?

regards,

*Mahadevan*