[Advaita-l] Jagadguru Speaks: Dedicate All Actions to the Lord

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 18:03:41 EDT 2021

(Around the beginning of the month, a nugget of Wisdom from the Jagadguru may be posted
on the Chaturamnaya list : http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/chaturamnaya )

http://www.tattvaloka.com/uploads/jagadguruSpeech/pdf/295019702JSpeaks%20--%20SEPT%202020.pdf

No one can guarantee that man's life will unfold as per his
desire. While anticipating a favourable future is indeed
justified, certain situations may pan contrary to what one
desires. Therefore, it is essential for man to perform all his
duties as an offering unto the Lord.

Man must engage in actions with this sentiment towards the
Lord: "I am Your servant. The fruits of all my actions are also
Yours." If he were to do so, his mind will not vacillate between
extreme joy or poignant sorrow. Regardless of circumstances,
he will remain equanimous.

It is best to remain composed in the face of all dualities life
may confront us with — be it profit or loss, joy or sorrow, birth
or death, and so on.

  sukha.n cha duHkhaM cha bhavAbhavau cha lAbhAlAbhau maraNa.n jIvitaM cha .
  paryAyashaH sarvamiha spR^ishanti tasmAddhIro naiva hR^iShyenna shochet ..
  (Vidura Neeti)

Nothing is ever permanent in this world, everything is in a
state of flux. If one were to grasp this truth, there would be no
scope for utter despair or unrestrained joy.

Our blessings for all to understand this well and engage in
actions as an offering unto the Lord.