[Advaita-l] Looking for a Sanskrit quote, please

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 01:38:04 EDT 2021

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 10:22 AM Krishnan S via Advaita-l <

> Dear Scholars,
>
> I am requiring a Sanskrit  quote from our scriptures meaning that "
> Liberation (Moksha) is (or must be) the aim of our  human life"

'Atma-laabhaat param na vidyate'  (unknown source),  'ayam tu paramo dharmo
yad yogena atmadarshanam' (Sage Yajnavalkya)

[There is nothing greater than realizing one's Self]   [This is the highest
dharma which is realizing the Atman through Yoga, the appropriate means.]

Kenopanishat says: iha chet avedit atha satyamasti, no chediha avedit
mahati vinashtih'   [If the Atman is realized in this body, birth, that is
the greatest achievement.  If this is not accomplished, there is no greater
loss than that. ]

There are many such statements that extoll Moksha.  All these mean what you
have stated.

regards