[Advaita-l] Ramana Maharishi’s Tamil verses

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 06:28:07 EDT 2020

Namaste

On Sun, 4 Oct, 2020, 7:14 PM smallpress via Advaita-l, <

> Did Ramana write his own verses or did someone write them down as he
> composed them?The Tamil is ver stylized, and seem to follow the sandhi
> pattern of sanskrit.

Which tamil composition of Sri Ramana are you exactly  referring to? I have
it on good authority that his tamil very well follows the all standard
Tamil sandhi rules. You may need to mention specific details. Can you give
a couple of examples where Sri Ramana's tamil does not follow Tamil sandhi
rules?

I have never seen Tamil written this way anywhere else. Ancient and