[Advaita-l] Questions on the blessed Isa Upanishad

Kartik Vashishta kartik.unix at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 12:40:42 EST 2020

OM
OM NAMAH SIVANANDAYA

Revered Self,

Sadar Pranam,
Dandvat Charan Sparsh,

Thank you for continuing to remove my doubts.

I have been reading the book:
Isavasya Upanishad for Beginners
Half hour talks in Hindi translated into English
by Swami Krishnananda
at:
https://www.swami-krishnananda.org/isavasya/isavasya_1.html

I have some questions regarding the first verse of the blessed Isa
Upanishad, per this book.

1)If the world is covered by God, then, what is wrong with desiring the
objects? (The objects being permeated by Ishvara)

2) The most charitable Sri Swami Krishnananda ji says that three things are
explained in the very first verse of the Isa Upanishad, viz:
 "(1) īśvara’s sattā; (2) jagat’s swarup (3) jīva’s kartavya.
In other words, this is metaphysics, explaining the characteris­tics of the
relationship of God, world and soul.
All these factors have been stated in this very first sloka of this
Īśāvāsyopaniṣad—
firstly, of īśvara’s existence, secondly, the nature of the existence of
the world, and thirdly, man’s duty."

Question)How is Ishvara's existence been explained in this first verse, per
this book?

Question)How is the nature of the existence of the world explained in this
first verse, per this book? Is it by saying that "the world is covered by
Ishvara"?

I may be able to understand, the third , "man's duty"....as in
non-covetousness

I am ignorant. Please explain in a manner in which I may understand

I am grateful to you. Pranam,

OM
Kartik Vashishta
OM