[Advaita-l] Brahma Loka the highest within creation - the Advaitic position

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu May 28 23:22:05 EDT 2020

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 6:31 AM Sri B <sriadvaitam at gmail.com> wrote:

Subbu much appreciated for detailed replies. You mentioned: "Y*es. If one
> strives for Nirguna Atma jnana but dies before attaining, he is called Yoga
> bhrashTa and will go to punya lokas, have bhogas, and return to this world
> to continue his sadhana from where he left in the earlier birth.” *- I am
> bit confused….when we say ‘mukti', does it not mean ‘release from samsara -
> transmigration’. Where is the question of returning to this world. If a
> return is envisaged then it is no different to the concept of reward of
> going to the heaven and returning back to this world as preached in
> Christianity. It is either a ‘mukti’ or ‘transmigration’.

If you read what I said above again, you would have no more doubts.  // If
one strives for Nirguna Atma jnana but dies before attaining,//  I have not
said about mukti.  He has not yet become mukta.

> Secondly are you able to elaborate on the gradations, I am just curious.
> When you say depends on spiritual practices, what are you implying, are you
> saying the belief system i.e. Vaishnava vs Shivasam?

Some texts may perhaps give the particular type of bhakti practices that
bring the particular type of salokya, sarupya, etc. type of phalam.  One
need not be a Vaishnava or any other; anyone who has a particular IshTa
devata and does bhakti, till death, he will get those destined fruits.

regards
subbu