[Advaita-l] Books on Hanuman, Devi, Shiva, Vishnu, Ganesha and Subramanya

jaldhar at braincells.com jaldhar at braincells.com
Fri May 8 03:29:21 EDT 2020

On Thu, 7 May 2020, Kartik Vashishta via Advaita-l wrote:

> Please suggest some book(s) containing Sanskrit/Hindi mantras and prayers
> (chalisa's, aartis etc) of the various deities. English translations and
> maybe transliteration.

Gita Press has one if I recall correctly.

But come on Kartik, you don't need all those crutches.  Spend your time
doing your own translations.  You see the ones I am doing at the moment?
They are not error-free by any means but I'm trying.  It's fun, quite
education and I am getting deeper into the meaning than I would if I
depended on someone elses interpretation.  You have that bhakti bhava and
that is all you need to get started.  You are more than capable I know it.