[Advaita-l] jIvanmukti (liberation right in this life) - A State or Stutus

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Mar 27 10:32:56 EDT 2020

 Dear Sri Ramesan Vemuri,Further to my previous posting I have sent very profound teachings of Sri Shankara for your kind attention.Quote:
Sri Shankara’Scommentry :

(1)Commentary toBrahmasutra 2-3-30

na hinityamuktasvarUpAt sarvajnAt  IsvarAt anyaH

cEtanO DhAtuHdvitIyaH vEdAntArthanirUpaNAyAm |

“ nAnyO ^tO^stidraShTA SrOtA mantA vijnAtA” (bruhadaranyaka 3-7-23)

“nAnyadatO^stidraShTRu…. nAnyadatO^sti vijnAtRU” (bruhadaranyaka 39-11)

”tattvamasi”(Chandogya 6-8-2)

“ahaM brahmAsmi”  ityAdi SritiSatEByaH ||

(2) Commentaryto mantra 1-4-10 of Bruhadaranyaka upanishad

kiMtu naivAbrahmaavidyAkartA cEtanO BrAnta anya iShyatE ||

Unquote.
Please study them in depth together with the teachings contained
in my previous posting and this will help you  in understanding what mukti is according to Sri Shankara..With respectful namaskars,Sreenivasa Murthy