[Advaita-l] The language Sanskrit / Veda maNtra and Ishwara Sakshaatkaara / brahma jnAna

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Mar 12 06:59:54 EDT 2020

praNAms Sri Subbu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Thanks for the clarification.  With this same breath can we say, if the mumukshu is capable enough to grasp the essence (tattva grAhi) in his own language,  language Sanskrit / the Veda verdict in originals and must read / shravana of the same etc.  will not come in the middle of his realization??

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar

Bhaskar ji,

If we look at the Bhakti angle, Ishwara is pleased with the language of the heart rather than the tongue.  We have this famous shloka:

मूर्खो वदति विष्णाय विद्वान् वदति विष्णवे। उभयोः सदृशं पुण्यं भावग्राही जनार्दनः।।

The unlearned says 'Vishnaaya' while the scholar says 'Vishnave'. For both the same punyam occurs as Ishwara is bhaavagraahi.

Azhwars, Shaiva Saints, Haridasa-s have obtained the grace of Ishwara by opening their heart through their own language.  However, those who have Vedadhikara aught to learn it for adrushta.  They are not prohibited from expressing devotion in their chosen tongue. Surdas, Kabir, Meera, etc. have composed songs that melt the heart.

regards
subbu