[Advaita-l] Fwd: The historicity of the Madhaviya Shankara Vijaya

Shyam Subramanian shyamsub at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 06:02:53 EDT 2020

Namaste Krishnaprakasha mahodaya,

The issue of NP quoting mAdhavIya Shankara vijayam is discussed (and is
used to infer the antiquity of the mAdhavIyam) in pages 246-249 of the book
"Sankara's date" written by Sri R.M.Umesh (the link to this was sent by
Smt. Divya Meedin recently). The rumour of a pandit of the Sringeri Matha
writing the mAdhavIyam in the 19th century has been discussed (and
summarily dismissed with proofs) just before this - indeed this was
dismissed even earlier by Swami Tapasyananda of the Ramakrishna math in his
edition of the mAdhavIyam where he calls this rumour "bazaar gossip".

Regards,
Shyam

Regards,
Shyam

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 1:40 PM Krishnaprakasha Bolumbu via Advaita-l <

> Namaste jaldharji,
>
> My issue of concern is how NP arrived at similar phrases as they are in
> Madhaviya Shankara Vijayam. It has to be noted Madhwa works have also been
> interpolated time again as they have different patha (recensions) even for
> the works of Madhwacharya which are collectively named sarvamoola granthas.
>
> My apologies for spelling Anantanandagiri wrongly in the previous post.
>
> Regards,
> Kp

Shyam/श्यामः