[Advaita-l] SATCHIDANANDENDRA WORKS-Orthodoxy?

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 07:22:20 EDT 2020

Pranams Sadananda Ji,

Reg  << The truth is self-revealed. But it is revealed all the time even
when there is ignorance. The covering is by ajnaana. jnana vRitti just
removes the ajnaana - and in the process, both ajnaana and jnaana vRitti
get dissolved >>

<< That is what is meant by no phala vyaapti >>

<<  In the case of self-knowledge - it is not an objective knowledge and
subject 'I' cannot be objectified. What Vedanta study and associated
vichaara or meditation using Viveka does is to remove only the
misconceptions about myself. There is no separate fruit of this since I am
there all the time  >>

This is where the difference in our respective understandings is. In my
understanding, Truth/Atman/Brahman is all the time veiled or concealed when
there is ajnAna/avidyA. It is revealed automatically when veiling is
destroyed. There is no phala vyApti, but there is Phala. Phala is another
term for Atman/Brahman/truth. Phala vyApti is when knowledge is gained
through chidAbhAsa.

Regards

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>