[Advaita-l] SATCHIDANANDENDRA WORKS-Orthodoxy?

Kuntimaddi Sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 13 22:55:43 EDT 2020

Subbuji - PraNAms
The following statements got my attention:
Bhamati : 2. The mind is the instrument for realization.

Vivarana: 2. The mahavakya itself generates realization.
I am not sure if there is any conflict between the two statements.
'mana eva manushyaanaam kaaranam bandha moksha yoH'
Mahavakya vichara has to be done with the mind only -Hence there is vRitti vyaapti.
There is no phala vyaapti - since it is aparoxam.
The confusion is in the mind and realization also has to happen in the mind only - Mind activated by chidaabhaasa has the notion that 'I am = this' which is also ahankaara.
With mahaavakya vichaara using the mind, it has to recognize the pure consciousness that I am, is not the mind but that which enlivens this mind as well as all other minds too.
In addition,  even the Prakriti that includes the mind is only mithyaa, and 'I am' is substantive for the mind and the world too.  This understanding happens in a clear analysis (viveka) of the mahavakyas, by the mind.
Not sure, How Sri Madhusudana discusses this.
Shree Venkatraghavanji can shed light on this.
Hari Om!
Sadananda