[Advaita-l] aitareya upanishad

Ravisankar Mayavaram abhayambika at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 18:21:02 EDT 2020

Lecture 1: By Sri Mani Dravid Sastrigal. (Apr/2018  ~ 1.5 hours)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3H0lO5Mn6w
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3H0lO5Mn6w&t=2133s>

Sri Mani Dravid Sastrigal needs no introduction. Sri Sastrigal is fluent
in samskritam. But his thamizh lectures are amazing too. If you are used
the brahmaNa dialect of thamizh, it will be very natural and easier to
absorb the content (same is true for the lecture 2 too).

Fortunate that so many of his precise/accurate/well explained lectures
are available online.

Lecture 2: By Nannilam Sri Rajagopala GanapatigaL  (Feb/2019 ~ 2 hrs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO3Bmhtmgh4

If you google with Sri Ganapatigal's name, you will find tons of videos.
He is considered an authority by thamizh Astika-s. This is part of his
upanishad series. I also listened to his very nice 2 hour presentation
on Chandogya, that covered only a small part. Aitareya being smaller in
size, entire upanishad is covered here. There is a lot of humor in this
lecture (MRI, maraNa bhayam, theriyuma/theriyadha, etc.).

If you know thamizh, his every video is worth watching.

Sri Ganapatigal recently passed away and his son Sri Krishna Ganapatigal
(even though very young in age) has taken on that mantle. I listened to
his two hour lecture on pitR pUjanam and it was amazing. I am grateful
that their service is going on.

A nice audio rendering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8exs4kUMLo

Ravi