[Advaita-l] sutha Samhitas

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 02:28:33 EDT 2020

Namaste Sri Subrahmanian Ji,

Thanks for the clarification.

This is the first time I am listening to the talks by Sri HH. The talks on
Suta samhita are very interesting and informative. It is really wonderful
that conformity between that text and the Bhashya are highlighted on
practically all issues by citing appropriate references. I thought it would
add to the value if while citing the Bhashya, references to the particular
text in which these appear are also mentioned. For example, while on the
topic of  the need for sanyasa, Suta Samhita mentions it as compulsory. In
this connection, the Bhashya cited mentioned  <<…पारिव्राज्यं कर्तव्यमेव
>>. I searched through Advaita Sharada, but could not locate such a
statement. That is why I sought clarification in my earlier post. If
references are included in the slides forming part of the talks, it would
be of great value. I am not sure how practical or difficult this would be,
but certainly it would add to the value immensely. Just a suggestion. If
you think it appropriate you may kindly inform them.

Regards