[Advaita-l] Omnipresence

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 22:51:18 EDT 2020

Thank you srinath sir for your response.

On Fri, 31 Jul 2020, 01:21 Srinath Vedagarbha, <svedagarbha at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 2:18 AM Kaushik Chevendra <
> chevendrakaushik at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sir I had sent by mistake to your personal mail regarding your answers.
>> Let me ask them in the group again.
>> You have said that brahman  is not visible to eye so need not obey
>> physical laws.
>> But this means brahman is formless.
>>

> Why do you think so? Why do you link form to visibility? Don't you know
> Krishna's Vishwaroopa was not visible at the start of the war but He showed
> it later.

In the vishwaroopam shown to arjuna. What did arjuna see? He saw the whole
universe as part of krishna. He didn't see krishna as a controller or
antaryami in it. He saw only the whole universe as a part of krishna. So
everything was non different and part of him alone. Hence even then the
omnipresence isn't compromised.
And even though  krishna had form externally the world was actually
pervaded by his formless aspect only.

>> If he has form he will be seen.
>>

> Again you are forgetting, you are dealing with an infinitely
> intelligent Entity and it is He dictates when and whom to show or hide his
> Form. You are making Ishvara as another inert object by saying if form it
> should be visible.

When krishna, rama, vishnu had taken form they were visible to everyone.
So the form with which the Lord pervades the universe is something
different.

I am afraid of your logic.

I am sorry about that.

>> When brahman and matter are at the same place one can have form that is
>> matter but the other can't.
>> If you say brahman is having definite shape he will have to obey the laws
>> of physics and matter.
>> For defying physics brahman has to be formless,then there isn't any
>> problem.
>>

> Are you saying Vishwaroopa is false then?

I have already told this above.

I had also told that if he has form he will obey physical laws. Indeed
there is no limitation for him to obey the laws.
But as he is the controller of the universe all the rules are made by him
and under the authority of him only including religious and physical laws
also.
Just as krishna is jagadguru and is all knowing yet he goes to gurukula as
the law says so, only due to the respect to laws he has made and for the
sake of human kind.
The point I tried to make above is irrespective of visiblity , form,
however,minute it is, will obey physical laws.

Sorry if I have said something wrong.