[Advaita-l] Fwd: Omnipresence

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 14:18:40 EDT 2020

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 11:05 PM Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l <

> This is not directly related to the refutation of dvaita etc.
>
> Sri Vishvesha Tirtha of Adhokshaja Math (a dvaita institution) says that
> "The only similarity between advaita and dvaita philosophies is that of
> bhakti or devotion, which is very essential."
>
> It's a relief that bhakti in advaita is validated and accepted by the seer,
> without nitpicking.

A few years ago there was a ten day workshop on Vivekachudamani at the
institution headed by the above Swamiji. On the concluding day during his
speech he said 'All the three Acharyas have emphasized the need for
Bhagavad bhakti.'  I was present at the venue.

One can also see that there are both hardliners and moderates in this
school too. There are those who do not believe in Maniman, etc. stuff even
though they adhere to their philosophy. On the other hand there are those
who still sing those tunes of their founding times often to the chagarin of
their own fellow folk. Not a word in admiration or appreciation of Shankara
or Advaita is to be ever entertained or spoken as per the hardliners. The
other category does not subscribe to this attitude.

regards
subbu