[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Doesn't a mentally challenged person deserve Moksha in this lifetime ?

Akilesh Ayyar ayyar at akilesh.com
Mon Jul 13 14:55:35 EDT 2020

Namaste,

I'll just make one point in response: the so-called mentally challenged can
also obtain moksha, depending on their prior karma. The famous story of
Jada Bharata from Srimad Bhagavatam illustrates. Swami Vivekananda's
retelling of this story is at:
https://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.info/vivekananda/volume_4/lectures_and_discourses/the_story_of_jada_bharata.htm
.

Jada Bharata was a sage who became attached to a deer, and so was reborn as
a deer, and then after that reborn as a son in a rich Brahmin family. "And
in that life also, he remembered all his past, and even in his childhood
was determined no more to get entangled in the good and evil of life. The
child, as it grew up, was strong and healthy, but would not speak a word,
and lived as one inert and insane, for fear of getting mixed up with
worldly affairs. His thoughts were always on the Infinite, and he lived
only to wear out his past Prârabdha Karma..."

Hari Om,
Akilesh

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 2:46 PM Mahadevan Iyer via Advaita-l <