[Advaita-l] Advaita Siddhi: request for a clarification.

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 03:43:14 EDT 2020

Namaste Durga ji,
The sattva that is grasped by sense perception is upahita sattva, not
shuddha sattva.

It is not the ghaTa's sattva even in the cognition ghaTa: san - it is
Brahman only, just that it is not shuddha brahma, it is ghaTa upahita
brahma.

Such a sattva is not inimical to (does not overrule) ghaTa's mithyAtva - if
the sattva had revealed the ghaTa's sattva, then the ghaTa would not be
mithyA. However the sattva that is revealed is Brahman's sattva, not the
pot's.

The argument is that the sattva of the pot that would have overruled the
pot's mithyAtva is not revealed in perception. The sattva revealed in the
pot's perception is not inimical to its mithyAtva.

Regards

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020, 20:35 Durga Prasad Janaswamy via Advaita-l, <