[Advaita-l] Advaita Siddhi: request for a clarification.

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 09:55:36 EDT 2020

Namaste Durga Ji,

All perceived knowledge, gained through whichever sense organ,  consists of
two components. One is the universal/general “ existential “ (सन् aspect),
and the second is the vishesha/particular/unique aspect like pot (घट) etc.
The first one is not unique to knowledge gained through any  particular
sense organ. It is common to all knowledge. The second one is what is
grasped through a particular sense organ and is unique to that sense organ.
But mistakenly we understand only the second aspect to be the right
knowledge, completely ignoring or taking for granted the first aspect. That
is termed “Ignorance”. In fact the first one is the ever “Existing” Brahman
which is termed “Satya” or right Knowledge, while the second one is
“mithyA” or adhyAsa and is wrong knowledge.

If this is kept in mind, I think the apparent contradictions get resolved.

Hope I am making sense.
Regards

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 1:15 AM Durga Prasad Janaswamy via Advaita-l <