[Advaita-l] Kalidasa's Raghuvamsha mangala charana shloka

Indira Sastry sastryindira at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 15:33:57 EDT 2020

Dear Advaitins
Please clarify my doubt. In Kalidasa's Raghuvamsha's dhyana shloka
वागर्थाविव संपृक्तौ वागर्थप्रतिपत्तये।
जगतः पितरौ वन्दे पार्वतीपरमेश्वरौ॥

All along I was of the impression Kalidasa is doing namaskara to Parvathi &
Parameshvara. I thought Kalidasa was a shaivite and a bhakta of Kali. Hence
the name Kalidasa. But recently I heard the interpretation of the shloka by
a Vaishnavite dividing the word as Parvathipa and Rameshvarau and
interpreting as Kalidasa is doing namaskara to Rama and Narayana. Please
clarify.
Thanks
Indira