[Advaita-l] Only a Vedantin can express these words of wisdom

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 22:11:45 EST 2020

While there are several accounts of the Dvaita (Madhva school) - Shaiva
Sthanika (Smartha) tussle for supremacy, often involving violence, forcible
dislodging of Shiva linga, other images, overpowering and occupying
institutions, even by killing, are there in the Tulunadu region of
Karnataka:

https://archive.org/search.php?query=Sthanika%20brahmins

one can read this here:
https://ia800205.us.archive.org/13/items/VaishnavismInVijayanagaraBASaletore_201603/Vaishnavism%20in%20Vijayanagara%2C%20BA%20Saletore.pdf

from page 191 onward till the end of the printed book to get a quick idea
of the issue.

regards
subbu

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 8:07 AM Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l <