[Advaita-l] Vayu Puranam - Daksha's stuti of Shiva

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 21:58:16 EST 2020

वायुपुराणम्/पूर्वार्धम्/अध्यायः ३०
https://sa.wikisource.org/s/5n4

The Vayu Puranam has been cited by Sridhara Swamin in the Vishnu Purana
commentary to bring out the Paratva of Shiva.  The 13th Century CE Sarva
mata sangraha too cites verses from this Purana, again on the Paratvam of
Shiva, which is sometimes non-different from the Shiva Purana.

सर्वा ह्यस्मिन् देवतास्ते गावो गोष्ठ इवासते।
शरीरन्ते प्रपश्यामि सोममग्निं जलेश्वरम् ।। ३०.१८५ ।।
आदित्यमथ विष्णुञ्च ब्रह्माणं सबृहस्पतिम्।
क्रिया कार्य्यं कारणञ्च कर्त्ता करणमेव च ।। ३०.१८६ ।।

Devas abide in your body as cows in the cow-shed. I see your body as the
moon, fire and ocean. I see you as Aditya, Vishnu, Brahma and Brihaspati.
You are the cause, becoming, being, agent and instrument.

We are reminded of the Bh.Gita Vishvarupa adhyaya, especially the verse:

पश्यामि देवांस्तव देव देहे सर्वांस्तथा भूतविशेषसङ्घान् ।
ब्रह्माणमीशं कमलासनस्थमृषींश्च सर्वानुरगांश्च दिव्यान् ॥ १५ ॥

Arjuna says: I see in Your body all specific created beings, Brahmaa, the
Lord who is seated on the Lotus......

The entire chapter of the Vayu Puranam, link given above, is worth
studying.

regards
subbu