[Advaita-l] Fwd: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Commentary of Brahma Sutras from advaita and Vishitadvaita perspective

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 06:06:23 EST 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Sivasenani Nori <sivasenani at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Commentary of Brahma Sutras from advaita
and Vishitadvaita perspective
To: भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत् <bvparishat at googlegroups.com>

Vijayananda ji

Namaste.

There are four 'vrittis' (usually vritti is the name given to the kind of
text that you desire) that I know of on the Brahmasutras from an Advaitic
point of view, but they are not really short.

Sadasivendra Saraswati's vritti is available at
https://archive.org/details/Brahmasutra_Vritti_Sadasivendra_Sarasvati_1909_SVV/mode/2up
Haridikshita's vritti -
https://archive.org/details/ass082brahmasutravrittiofharidikshitaranganathsastrivaidya1917_202002/page/n9/mode/2up
Brahmavidyananda's vritti -
https://archive.org/details/brahmasutravritti/page/n1/mode/2up
Ramananda Saraswati's vritti called Brahmamritvarshini is available at
https://archive.org/details/brahmasutravritti/page/n1/mode/2up

Regards
Senani

On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 15:39, Vijayananda J <vijayananda.j at gmail.com> wrote:

> Respected Siva Senani
> I do have BSB and Sri Ramanuja Bhashya books with me. However, I am
> searching for a concise sanskrit commentary just on the sutras,
> word-to-word meaning and what needs to be inherited from previous sutras
> etc.
> Regards
> Vijayananda
>

> On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 3:04 PM Sivasenani Nori <sivasenani at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Please refer to the Brahmasutrabhashya (BSB) of Sankaracharya for the
>> Advaita view and Sribhashya of Ramanujacharya for the Visishtadvaita view.
>> Both these are commentaries on 'just the Brahmasutras'.
>>
>> Also, in Advaita you may refer to the commentary of Sankaracharya on the
>> Bhagavadgita and the ten principal upanishads, which together with the BSB
>> are the key commentaries of the tradition.along with the Gaudapada-karikas,
>> which are a commentary on the Mandukya-upanishad.
>>
>> In Visishtadvaita, there is a commentary of Ramanujacharya on the
>> Bhagavadgita. A separate commentary on the Upanishads in the Visishtadvaita
>> tradition has been composed by a later acharya, Rangaramanujacharya.
>>
>> Regards
>> N. Siva Senani
>>
>> On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 14:53, Vijayananda J <vijayananda.j at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Respected members
>>> Can anyone guide me if there is sanskrit commentary on just the Brahma
>>> Sutra in Advaita and Vishitadvaita ?
>>> I am looking something similar to Tantra Deepika of Sr Raghavendra swamy
>>> from Dvaita perspective.. or even very similar to Prathamavrutii (on Panini)
>>> namaskaras