[Advaita-l] Fwd: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} couple of questions regarding "bramha satyam jagan-mithya"

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 04:56:55 EST 2020

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 3:07 PM H S Chandramouli <hschandramouli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Namaste.
>
> There appear to be many more errors as well, in translation apparently.
>
> For example
>
> <<  In fact, all darśanas (views) agree that jagat is
> sad-asad-vilakṣaṇam, nitya-vilakṣaṇam, asad-vilakṣaṇam. >>
>
> Surely not correct.

Here, I think there is no error, for even jagat satyatva vaadins agree
that   the Jagat is not nitya since Brahman alone is nitya as admitted by
them. Also it is not asat like gagana kusuma.  So, even if they do not use
this term  ' sad-asad-vilakṣaṇam' they agree with what is stated here.

regards
subbu