[Advaita-l] Advaithic Question on the Nature of MAYA and Illusory nature of Reality

Bhaskara v Advaith sunshines.bhaskara at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 10:05:14 EDT 2020

Namaste,

The yoga sutra says “yoga chitta vritti nirodhah” means the goal of yoga is
to make mind free of chitta (mind) vritti.
Even Vedanta says when mind is still, through the still mind the Brahman
shines. If there is vritti in mind Brahman can never be realised through
chitta vritti. The whole sadana is about controlling the mind and making it
still.

Now lets take the statement “Chaitanya/Brahman associated with the object,
ball in this case.“
In this statement the Brahman is associated with a ball (that means there
is two objects Brahman and ball)and giving identity to ball, if only
Brahman exists there can’t be separate identity to ball also identity of
ball  calls for acceptance of creation but Gowdapada in Mandukyakarika
clearly states there is nothing apart from Brahman and he has also rejected
all creation.

Now lets take another statement

“it does so along with Chaitanya/Brahman which remains veiled/concealed
(partially). This veiling needs to be removed for the object to be
cognized“

In this case its stated that maya as veiled/concealed the Brahman and
veiling needs to be removed. Now if the veiling is removed the Brahman gets
identified (eg if a cat is covered with box and when box is opened cat gets
revealed and not box) and not ball because ball was never concealed it’s
always Brahman is concealed and ball is projected.

ಶುಕ್ರ, ಆಗ 28, 2020 ನಲ್ಲಿ 18:30 ರಂದು H S Chandramouli <
hschandramouli at gmail.com> ಅವರು ಹೀಗೆ ಬರೆದಿದ್ದಾರೆ:

--
Thanks & Regards
Bhaskar HV