[Advaita-l] Abedha

Shashi Vishwanath raghavadasa at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 14:25:27 EDT 2020

This kind of condescending attitude by some in the elder generation is doubtless partly the cause of a lack of interest in the younger generation.

Yes, Sanskrit and grammar are necessary for those who delve deep into Vedanta.

But to discourage those from inquiring into it on the basis of ignorance of grammatical intricacies is wrong.

It is up to the learned elders to gently foster and nurture the flame of interest among the young into paramarthika matters, to slowly open the doors to the garden such knowledge, and  not to pour water onto the flame or to construct a perpetually locked fence around it.

With all due respect, a very unfortunate reply.

Sent from my iPhone