[Advaita-l] How is an object perceived.

Kuntimaddi Sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 15 07:55:42 EDT 2020

Extending the analogy further, just as it is the sunlight which is cognized
when it is said that moon is cognized, it should be said that it is the
light of Consciousness which is perceived when the object is perceived.

That is the issue. In all objective knowledge, it is the knowledge of
Consciouness as limited by the object that is the result.

Ofcourse I have used the same terminology as is found in the analogy cited
by you just to drive home the point. This is not the most appropriate
terminology concerning objective knowledge.
Pranams and Regards

---------------

Chandramouliji - PraNAms
>From my point, What is cognized is moonlight but I have to use Viveka to recognize the sunlight using the moonlight I am cognizing.
Nitya anitya vastu - vRitits come under anitya and the ever present saakshi chaitanyam is nitya but
saakshi cannot be cognized. What is cognized is only the reflected consciousness by the vRiti. From
that one has to RECOGNIZE the original consciousness that is not cognized but because of which
the Vritti cognized.
That is my understanding.
At least I am clear from my perspective.
Hari Om!
Sadananda