[Advaita-l] 'Kuladevataa' concept in Kalidasa's Kumarasambhavam

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 10:18:01 EDT 2019

Namaste Subbu ji
That was an interesting argument against Vaishnava sectarianism by invoking
Kalidasa's works and it certainly advances the case for the Hindu Dharma
supporting and endorsing a non-sectarian approach.

Many Hindus take for granted the fact the Vedas validate different forms of
worship and ultimately don't privilege one form over another. Such Hindus
have to be informed that there are vigorous efforts on by scholarly
sectarian (an oxymoron?) Vaishnavas now and even earlier which purport to
prove that the Vedic tradition only accepts Sri Mahavishnu as the highest
form and that equal status to other forms like Shiva and Shakti etc., was a
post-Shankara historical development. Therefore it's sometimes necessary
for Advaitins to state and establish what is self-evident to most Hindus
that all forms of Ishvara are equally exalted.

I take it that your post is in that direction..

Om
Raghav

On Wed, 25 Sep, 2019, 5:38 AM V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l, <