[Advaita-l] Rudra-Rama identity Padmapurana

Gowrishankar Arunachalam pinakapani at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 22 09:07:39 EDT 2019

In the place near Tiruchirappalli known as Tiruvanaikka , the presiding deity is Jambukeswarar, a swambulinga under Jambu tree.
Tiruvaanaikka -- Jambukeswarar Temple - Shivastalam

|  |  |

|  |
Tiruvaanaikka -- Jambukeswarar Temple - Shivastalam

Tiruvaanaikka Jambukeswarar Temple Homepage; One of the 275 Shivastalams described in detail in Templenet.

Gowrishankar : : Let Noble Thoughts Flow from Everywhere

    On Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 5:58:53 PM GMT+5:30, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

 On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 5:43 PM Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l <

> Namaste Subbu ji
> Which place is jambu thirtha referred to in the verses sent by you?

Raghav ji,

>From a cursory check I got results such as this:
https://ta.wikisource.org/s/1jl4

// The Nava Tirthas of the place are Chandra Pushkarani, Bilva Tirtha,
Jambu Tirtha Aşwatha Tirtha, Palasa Tirtha, Punnaha Tirtha, Varuna Tirtha,
Kadamba Tirtha and Amra Tirtha. //

>From the above I think Jambu Tirtha is any place where a Jambu tree (
https://tinyurl.com/yxlpe6zh )  is there and a water body is in the
vicinity.  Such a combination gains sanctity over time.

It could also be a specific place in Tamil Nadu/close to Lankapuri.  Some
others could give a clearer picture.

regards
subbu

Om