[Advaita-l] GURU Principle

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Thu Oct 17 13:03:59 EDT 2019

In one of the earlier postings, I have given this reference if the enlightenment doesn't happen within one year of initiation  one can abadon his guru and the disciple can even test him,

Shiva Purana says-Yatrananda prabodhova nalpamapyupalabyata
vatsaradapi sishyena so nyam gurumupashrayet.

“If initiation by a Guru does not fetcheven a slight joy or enlight­enment, the disciple may, on the expiry of a year,approach another Guru.”

What if the second too should fail? And then the third, thefourth, and so on? Should Guru after Guru fail? Is the seeker to pass from Guruto Guru ad infinitum? If all life is spent in quest of the Guru, when willspiritual exercise commence? How can one serve so many Gurus?  how can onemanage with so many Mantras? If a man abandons his Mantra, he meets  with death; if he abandons his Guru, he is punished, I was told with poverty;in case both are abandoned the result is, confinement berth in Raurava hell.To lend one’s ears to whomsoever one meets is to pave the way to the hell  called Raurava. Can even a Siddha Guru prevent it?
It is the seekers vision & vijnata which are prescribed in sastras/nature and the good disciple never abandon his guru no matter however competent he is.
How ever exemptions always exists to abandon  people like Guru  Titile holders such as Andrew cohen (spritual Teacher)
Some useful Link on GURU Principle by Master SivanandaGuru

|  |
Guru

Everything you ever wanted to know about the Guru is explained here by Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj.

& Master Sitaram Omkarnath Dev: http://www.themotherdivine.com/16/how-can-guru-mantra-deity-be-one-excerpts-from-the-maid-in-the-quest-of-her-beloved.shtml

Sri Guru Padaravindarpana Mastu
Kameswara

 In one of the earlier postings, I have given this reference if the enlightenment doesn't happen within one year of initiation  one can abadon his guru and the disciple can even test him,

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Very interesting.  Is that reference says enlightenment is an one year course after initiation??  😊 I really doubt.  We can not say to our guru, see you have initiated me one year back and today is the last day i.e. 365th day, if I don’t get the enlightenment before mid-night today your term as guru is over, from tomorrow onwards you are no more my guru and ready for fresh and tough test from me  😊  Just on the lighter vein 😊

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar