[Advaita-l] BHOUMASWINYAM (भौमाश्विन्यां )

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Tue Oct 15 11:44:56 EDT 2019

In which part of the veda it is from??  With a slightly different sentence we have the Rigveda devi sUkta or ambhruNi sUkta which we recite during chandi pArAyaNa : ahaM suve pitaramasya mUrdhanmama yOnirapsvaantaH Samudre and ahaM rAshtree saMgamani vasUnAm chikitushi PrathamA yajniyAnAM...I don’t know how to put swara-s here but since it is a veda mantra plain chanting not advisable and after learning the same from guru needs to be chanted with svara-s.

Bhaskarji,                I thought to  write this while posting this 'Bhoumasinyam' , I was in hurry and I thought it may be overlooked, but you catch the crux of the thing, Here is my explanation. I will try to answer in the way I want to, may be you can phrapharaise it latter. Yes you are right in the same swara which to be chanted as of the Devi-sukta of the Durga Sapta Sati. When ever there is mention of "RASHTRA" (in the form of welfare/kalyanam/protection) , the slouch's are derived from Atharvana Veda which is the heart of Mantra Sastra.https://sanskritdocuments.org/doc_upanishhat/devi.html?lang=iast

How ever the DEVI UPANISHAD is derived from the both the Atharavan veda & Rigveda. It is one of the 19 Upanishads derived from the Atharva veda and is classified as one of the eight Shakta Upanishads. It is, as an Upanishad, a part of the corpus of Vedanta literature collection also (Source: Wikipedia)The Upanishad states that the Mother Godess is the BRAHMAN (ultimate metaphysical Reality), and from her arise Prakṛti (matter) and Purusha (consciousness). She is bliss and non-bliss, the VEDAS and what is different from it, the born and the unborn, and all of the universe.

The Devi Upanishad is part of the five Atharva Shiras Upanishads, each of which are named after the five main deities or shrines (panchayatanan) of  Ganapathi , Vishnu, Ruda, Surya, mother godess. It is also menioned as Devi Aharvana Seersha.

Then coming to the Rig vedic verses, any mother godess (praising/existance/worshipping chantings) are all derived from Rig veda only. So i think  some of the rig vedic sloka are also mentioned in the devi-upanishad just like atharva seersha chanting, It should with the Anudatta/udatta swara only, then only meaning can be derived.
I tired to put my views, how ever, I would like to see your comments  as well in this.
Sri Guru Padaravindarpana MastuKameswara
अहं राष्ट्री सङ्गमनी वसूनामहं सुवे पितरमस्य मूर्धन्मम योनिरप्स्वन्तः समुद्रे । य एवं वेद स

In which part of the veda it is from??  With a slightly different sentence we have the Rigveda devi sUkta or ambhruNi sUkta which we recite during chandi pArAyaNa : ahaM suve pitaramasya mUrdhanmama yOnirapsvaantaH Samudre and ahaM rAshtree saMgamani vasUnAm chikitushi PrathamA yajniyAnAM...I don’t know how to put swara-s here but since it is a veda mantra plain chanting not advisable and after learning the same from guru needs to be chanted with svara-s.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar