[Advaita-l] तत्त्वमसि

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 09:01:26 EDT 2019

Hari Om,

Ramanuja followers hold AdhyAtma RAmAyaNa as a PramANa. I am not sure about
Madhva people.

Both however hold that "Tat Tvam Asi" must not be interpreted through
BhAga-TyAga.

However, in AdhyAtma RAmAyaNa Uttara KANda, sarga 5, Shloka 24-27, none
other than BhagvAn RAma Himself explains that it is BhAga-tyAga which is
the correct interpretation of Tat Tvam Asi.

I was curious as to how do Ramanuja and Madhva followers explain these
shloka. (They certainly cannot explain it away like Lord Shiva deluded the
people in the form of Shankracharya :-) ).

Regards,
Sudhanshu.