[Advaita-l] The infallibility of Shankara's Ishavasya 3 bhashya in the face of Sri Vadiraja's remarks

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 02:29:47 EDT 2019

Namaste

Allasani Peddanna’s *Manucharitramu *says, “the Gods who have gotten over
the everyday problem of satiating hunger and thirst by drinking *Amruta*,
too, need enormous feasts to satisfy the craving of their taste buds.”

The residents of heaven have every facility available for satisfying every
sense organ. They are always enjoying something. Therefore it is very
difficult for them to think of Brahman and Vidya. That is why we hear
stories of Indra doing bad acts like going to Ahalya without being
satisfied with his own wife Sachi Devi.

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 4:23 PM V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <

> A post that explains the faultlessness of Shankara's bhashya, in the face
> of an objection by a Madhva scholar is available here:
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/vedaonline/permalink/2424911127778484/
>
> or can be accessed here too:
>

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VVd9qZiGFuHlic9QCGZnsUFoaBnrFEXw/view?usp=sharing
>
> regards