[Advaita-l] Fwd: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Natural Realism & Contact theory of Perception

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 21:42:04 EST 2019

The attachment can be downloaded from
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bvparishat/CAGPnbQXzA0Pyw5oDuvLP1NfVrqY6vy5uuRcdqe0W%2BM%2BBg2GtjQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

subbu

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Deva Pattanayak <dmgadia at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 8:01 AM
Subject: Re: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Natural Realism & Contact theory of
Perception
To: Bharatiya Vidvat parishad <bvparishat at googlegroups.com>

 The direct realism may be  related to the sixth sense. A tiger is lurking
around before one actually spots it in a forest.
Here is a quote from an article by R.W. Boyer, that I came across which I
have attached for your reference.

  "Again, in completely holistic Vedanta all objects and observers are
nothing other than the universal Self. That ultimate reality is said to be
directly verifiable in unity consciousness as the simultaneity of
part/whole, reductivism/holism, individual/universal. It is expressed
simply and fully in the Vedic statement: “Aham Brahmasmi (Brihad-Aranyak
Upanishad, 1.4.10)  "

How do you view your work in relation with this paper by Boyer? A brief one
page reply will be much appreciated and open up for furthe discussions.