[Advaita-l] One only needs a trigger...

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 03:47:02 EST 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B71fT1GM0c&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR1JpmRirRqFYx8MYrQTgNsgHBpC23O7P56d6DGioGk6ojsR8hsUXW8vn4I

Sri Sarma Sastrigal is sharing a lovely incident.  In an Upanayanam eve
function he made a general comment: Tomorrow is the Upanayanam and many of
you will be blessing the vaTu. It is possible that many of you, young and
old, are not in the practice of performing Sandhyavandanam regularly.
There is no doubt that the blessings of those who perform the sandhya will
be more efficacious. For such of those who are not in the practice and yet
wish to perform sandhya, I have brought many sandhya books of Rg, Yajus and
Sama veda.  In case you feel shy of taking the book from me, I shall leave
them with the Yajamana of this function.  Saying this, Sastrigal left the
place. The next morning, the day of the Upanayanam, Sastrigal was in for a
pleasant shock when he entered the Hall in the morning at about 7.30.  Many
persons, young and old, were seen performing the sandhya, guided by the
books.     We are fortunate to have amidst us someone who can bring about
such a welcome transformation.  Even if one does not follow Tamil, please
listen to this two minute speech.  It touches one's heart.

regards
subbu