[Advaita-l] Doubt on how Bhagavad padha 'identified' himself

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 04:58:38 EST 2019

Namaste.

Sri SSS has covered the topic in his work Sri Shankara Bhagavatpada SAra
Sarvasva. According to that, while most of the Shankara Vijaya texts
mention Kerala as the birth place of Sri Bhagavatpada, one by Sri
Anantandagiri, who claims to be a direct disciple of Sri Bhagavatpada,
mentions Chidambaram as the birth place.

There is also a mention in two texts Madhva Vijaya and Mani Manjari by a
Madhwa scholar Sri Narayana Pandita about the birth of Sri Bhagavatpada.
Needless to say it is in bad taste.

As I am not particularly interested in this type of subjects, I am not
going into the details. I am responding since you specifically asked for
the information. For details the text itself may please be referred.

Regards